Saturday 21 April 2012

Writing and publishing a book, the story continues

Just when I thought we were completing, I saw that further work had to be done.
Interesting process, this, trying to explain to a total beginner how to carry out quite a skilled operation, with words and pictures. I have redone the Mirror Project completely, simplified it right down to the basics, and had an inexperienced friend, Helene, follow it while I stood there, mostly silently, correcting my instructions.
Stefan, my special person, retook the pics and we are in business, I do hope.
The test was a success! Helene was delighted to have learned a new process, as was I to have enabled it to happen.
This pic. Laying silver leaf on the glass for the mirror. 
Once a few glitches have been ironed out, like how to include the template into the document, which has been a nightmare due to strange corruptions going on in my (it can't be mine, must be someone else's) computer, we will be able to get it tested by the Testing Team.
Then I continue with the book production process.
I have two superb professionals helping me with this, my editor, Jane, and Patrick Armstrong, www.bookproductionservices.co.uk who produces books. He is going to set it all up and get it ready for the printers.
Bill Gudenrath of Corning Museum of Glass, NY, is writing the Foreword; I wait with baited breath.
So all in all I am getting the support that is so necessary for a project like this and am very grateful. I almost went with a Vanity publishing house which would have been a great mistake; this is a huge learning curve.
So onwards.... More soon and if you have been reading this by any chance, good. And thank you, and do give me feedback.








1 comment:

  1. Storify lets you write and share stories that can go viral with live audiences. Now livefire is enabled on storify. Start publishing your stories

    ReplyDelete