Friday 20 June 2014

Letting it all hang out.

Today, finally, Friday 5pm I sit and face the blog.
There is plenty going on, mentally and physically. I don't especially want this to turn into a personal diary, but at the same time it is cathartic to write stuff down. And maybe one person will read it and recognise something.
The biggest part is the caring for the oldies. They are getting older and older, more dependent. And yet. We were away in Poland for 9 days and dad insisted they would be fine. He only needed stuff in the freezer, and indeed they were fine. But today he is sleeping, fighting off an infection. Is actually very dependent while he is like that, cannot stand up.... let alone make lunch for the 2 of them.
I had my son and grandson visit for a few days and as soon as I got back from the airport I needed to make them lunch, and all that goes with that.
If anyone has been through this sort of thing, they will know. It is not just the physical work. It is the fear that hits when you see your dad unable to walk, your mum looking blank and confused, and you are trying to judge whether the doc needs to be called......and if it all were to start, to kick off as I think of it, then I am close to panic. The end of life thing, first one then the other, and all the stuff.  Very scary.

ANYWAY. This blog is supposed to be professional. I cannot get a lot of work done. But I am doing what I can. Laura and I ARE getting the website into some sort of shape. It already looks jolly good, I think, but still needs work. Have a visit at www.ffjewellery.com .

You can only do what you can do, as any mother with small children will know, something is better than nothing.
I have no picture this week. I will post one of the Polish house soon. We have plastered walls, windows and will have floors by the time we go again, early July.   SOOO exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment