Friday 29 November 2013

Producing at last

Drawing into the gold
There is nothing quite like getting the bum on the seat.  Getting into the work is not so easy if there are a zillion distractions, BUT, once the ice is broken and you can actually sit down for a while, and produce, it is a great feeling.
So, not only are the pw's beginning to pile up (6!) but they are quite good. By that, I mean I am doing my best to draw them as well as I can.  What more can I do? And I think they will be nice.  Whether they will sell, I will have to trust.

Meanwhile, the building goes on. Stefan has just come back from a week in Poland where the foundations have been laid for our little house (not so little, actually). There will be pics. The chaps will be starting the walls this week, so it is going up! Incredibly exciting.

The renovation on the flat here  had a tiny hiccup with one of the Polish builders (the full time one unfortunately) turning out to be unable to control his drink, (only 1 out of 5 in all, not bad) and Stefan wasn't here to handle it. I could see it when it was obvious, but not when it wasn't, and I had no idea what to do!  No experience running a project like that. I just wanted us all to be happy. The minute Stefan walked in and saw what was happening he took control and now all is better.  It shows what is involved with such a job, and how you need to be completely on top.  So we carry on.
Have a good week!
Close up

1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful, Frances! I just bought your book and have been enjoying it. How have you protected the drawings here?? Are they in two pieces so the gold is protected or will you back paint them?
    Warm regards,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete