Wednesday 12 September 2012

Getting it out

It has been an extraordinary time.
Loads of orders for the books, so I take the payments and wait for the first batch to arrive. (Not exactly waiting, as if there isn't enough to do). Some pay with PayPal, (not as easy a system as I first thought) some with cheque, some want book only, some want the dvd too....  I am keeping a list, but once I realised I was billing some people twice I saw I was losing control.  I have go myself into some deep doodoo here, up to my neck.
With the help of my longtime associate we (she) made a spreadsheet and we had to enter EVERYBODY; paid or not; sent or not; dvd or not..... for a regular business this is normal, but not for me.
I have just returned from the Post Office where I sent off over 120 books in individual packs or in multiples, up to 40, all over.     I think the book is going to do quite well, and the dvd too, so now I am over the HUMP and can deal with orders as they come in.
Order for the next 200 lot has been placed.   It will settle down, but you can imagine it is a bit full on.
But the video is very jolly and I always smile when it plays. I hope it spreads quickly. (on You tube and on my first page of gilding.net)
Very best to all. f

No comments:

Post a Comment