Friday 15 August 2014

Thoughts on caring

It is a cool, damp London.
Last Saturday Stefan and I drove to the Red House Cone at Stourbridge, the glass centre, where I taught a class to six delightful students. It was run by Simon Bruntnell as part of his new venture up there. Excellent. What a lovely set up.
I have 2 students coming today, one of whom, M, came a few weeks ago and the poor dear had to be sent home.
My mother was having the vapours and we needed the ambulance etc and all hell was bursting forth. M was so good about it, and is back for another try today. Lets hope mother can hold it in till the end of the class.
It illustrates the struggle many of us carers have. We have to hang onto our lives, and not become subsumed into the caring stuff.
Mother and me c.1949

No comments:

Post a Comment