Friday 27 September 2013

The bigger picture


Our London garden.

So, the garden alone could be a full time job. It is all vegetables. We inherited it from my mother who grew specialized little plants that to my mind were not only useless, certainly inedible, but didnt even look good.
This is a functioning patch, at the front of our triangular house (where two roads meet), thus overhanging the pavement. I am amazed no-one pinches the beans! And, true to Bauhaus principles, form follows function. It looks fabulous, and we have bought any greens for months.
This is one thing.
Another, is rather heavy family obligations, which eat time.
The purpose of this bulletin is to explain to myself why I am getting so little work done. It preys on my mind and is a constant challenge to overcome. How to live with the fact that my work is now classified (by my husband) as a HOBBY. After all these years. It takes a bit of getting used to.
I continue with it, of course, and as always selling it is the hardest part, by far, but sell it I must. So therefore I have to do the fairs etc etc etc. It simply will not sell itself.
Oh well.....   I am very privileged to have such problems.  Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment