Saturday 11 May 2013

All going well with the cufflinks.
I have a new customer, Michael Rose of Burlington Arcade.
He has ordered 6 pairs, skulls, owls, labradors.... the only thing is he wants them 150mm which is SMALL!
I have to sort out better magnifying systems. I use the head set with a glass in it, but I dont like it much. Quite uncomfortable.  I have to do something as the poor old eyes hate this.  But drawing these tiny things is good fun.
A Savile Row client has asked for something completely different, working with the suit fabric for buttons and links, so there is no overlap.

Been to COLLECT this weekend, where I was delighted to see the ceramicist Hitomi Hosono, who was at the Royal College while I was there and who is a delightful person,  has deservedly won the Perrier-Jouët Arts Salon Prize, 2013.
hitomi-hosono_original.jpg hitomi-hosono-2.jpg                                                                                             All these are hand thrown with hand carved foliage attached.





No comments:

Post a Comment