Thursday 5 January 2012

progress of Book

I am struggling to get it finally ready for the final edit, grabbing time when I can. It is so close, but still needs attention. I read it through and keep refining it to make it clearer. So easy to assume things.

Describing a technique to a novice is amazingly hard: imagine.... 'pick up the gold and gild the glass...' what is gold, (thick, thin, colour, how much does it cost....) what is glass, (same questions) and what do you mean, 'gild'? And so it goes. Every detail has to be explained, and every little thing I have discovered over the years that can help to fill out the info and clarify needs to be included. And not all jumbled up but presented in some kind of order!

But, it is coming. There is a ton to do after I have done this part.... I have to market the book, get it designed and printed, establish its cost and get in advance orders (with discount). Then I need to get it reviewed and out there. Talks and demos will all help, too. And in what order do I do all this? Same old, just put your head down and do one thing at a time. I have lots of help at hand so I will sign off and get back to it.

And if you have been, thanks for reading. Since I never get comments I am sure no-one is reading this, but hey-ho, that's fine.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment